Le 29/05/2023 à 10:21, tim ken a écrit :
Hi,

Just to clarify here -FTP has nothing to do with Telnet(TN5250) but what I
wanted to say is that I am just trying to do FTP to pub400.com through DOS
command prompt but as mentioned earlier it's not getting connected and
giving below error :-

"530 Log on attempt by user rejected.
Login failed."

Ok, about that, but...

And within Mocha TN5250 for Windows 7/8/10/11 Version 3.8 I can connect to
Pub400.com with this FTP command by entering my user id and password.
Why are you talking about FTP within TN5250? This is confusing.
Are you able to sign in pub400.com using TN5250 and therefore run a 5250 telnet session?
But the same credentials give the above error message when I try to connect
through my system using the DOS command prompt.

*Regarding IBM i ACS *-- I tried all the 3 below options ( each with three
different port number as well 23,992 and 2222) which are available on IBM
i ACS's emulator screen for pub400.com
--->communication-configure-connection-Protocol-->

1) Use IBM i Access Client Solutions setting. 23,992,2222

2) Telnet -Not secured 23,992,2222
Don't try to change the port. Not secured service listens on 23 port.
3) Telnet TLS/SSL 23,992,2222

Don't try to change the port. TLS/SSL secured telnet service listens on 992 port.

2222 is the ssh port to be used by an ssh client such as putty or Windows ssh one, or VS code. This has absolutely nothing to do with telnet wether secured or not.

But all of the above test cases gave me the same error
:-""CPF1120-CPF1120-User does not exist or password not correct for user
profile."

So, if you can get a running 5250 session with TN5250, can you enter "dspusrprf yourprofile" command and look for "Password verifications not valid"?

The content of this field is incremented by one each time an invalid password is entered, _*whatever the way to connect (e.g. telnet, ftp, ssh, odbc, jdbc, drda, web...)*_ and reset to 0 when the correct password is provided.
Do you confirm this behaviour with all your tries?

Are you sure that you enter the same user profile, the same password and try to connect to the same host each time? Your story is getting very confusing!

Thanks.

On Mon, 29 May 2023 at 03:58, Vern Hamberg via MIDRANGE-L <