I must admit to being confused by the subject - FTP is usually port 21 and TN5250 is telnet at port 23 - unless using ssl - but in either case, what does FTP have to do with Telnet (TN5250)?

Now I am in the US - I thought I'd try connecting - ftp from a command window in Windows connected fine - I used to have a profile at pub400.com, long forgotten, but there was no problem with the connection, pub400.com responded as ftp server always does on IBM i.

Then I tried telnet from an IBM i command line - the signon screen showed up - again, I didn't do anything special. I don't have telnet on my Win 10 yet, so that might have been different, not a full-fledged IBM i logon screen. But the IBM i at pub400.com responded as if it had been connected to.

My tests were done with the regular ports - no SSL. So a basic question for Tim, the OP - with ACS, have you tried it without SSL? I ask in order to keep this very simple - the conversation seems to have got very complicated.

Cheers
Vern