Le 26/05/2023 à 15:37, Eduardo Marcó a écrit :
# Set up the connection parameters
dsn =
"DATABASE=eamarco;HOSTNAME=192.168.50.225;PORT=922;PROTOCOL=TCPIPtelnet;UID=username;PWD=password"

As Jack already wrote, you have to retrieve DATABASE value from the name of *LOCAL entry in RDB directory entries on the IBM i. On IBM i, a library is not a database, it is a schema or a collection.

If you try to run an SQL statement on telnet port like you do, it will not.
You have to use a database listening port. There are two main ones. By default, x(J/O)DBC server is listening on 8471 tcp port (or 9471 for SSL/TLS requests) and DRDA is listening on 446 tcp port. And you probably want to specify TCPIP as the protocol. You can use netstat option 3 command, and look for as-database and drda ports to retrieve their value.