Le 10/05/2023 à 18:44, s6qdx via MIDRANGE-L a écrit :
I'm asking because I'd love to install english localization. The current system is in italian with no additional language and it makes finding information even more difficult.
Not sure if V4 supported an in-place change of the primary language.
Oh that's unfortunate, but if that's the case I'll deal with...
If you have it, you can still install English secondary language (feature 2924) for all IBM licensed programs, at least for operating system (5769SS1 product I think) and its options. The license for secondary lnguages shares the one of the product. The installation support must match the version of installed program. Use LICPGM menu (GO LICPGM command) and option 21 if I remember fine (sorry, I have no system to check the option). However this does not apply to LIC (the one you access through SST or DST) which does not support secondary languages. And I believe that for Italian primary languages systems, LIC SST/DST menus are in Italian, which is not the case for French primary languages systems which show LIC SST/DST menus in English.