Am 10.05.2023 um 18:44 schrieb s6qdx via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Not sure if V4 supported an in-place change of the primary language.

Oh that's unfortunate, but if that's the case I'll deal with...

I didn't say "no". I'm just not aware. :-)

Most likely not. AFAIK this functionality didn't change in ages.

Ok at least I know the functionality should be there, I might do a bit more research and try to play around with the front panel. Hopefully without locking myself out :)

Be somewhat careful. It's just three knobs but given "timing" being a factor, it could be easy to trigger something undesirable and unrepeatable. In turn possibly making it hard to guess what happened and how to revert it.

UPS should be self-explanatory. The rest are probably for factory diagnostics before the machines are send to the customer.

Ok so if I'm understanding correctly, I can ignore the ports in the top part.

Correct.

I posted them here, hopefully this will work: https://imgur.com/a/50oNIgo

Thanks, that helps. So just thtee cards. A 2723 Ethernet, and a 2721 (I think) dual serial controller (and in the middle probably something SCSI for the disks and other internal peripherals).

Anyway, the machine definitely has *no* Twinax controller. So Operations Console is the only way to go forward, without investing in a bunch of Twinax hardware (controller card, brick, cables, adapter, and finally a terminal with keyboard).

I've been looking at DSPHRWRSC and I believe this one is the twinax controller?

CTL01 6A59-001 Non rilevato Unità di controllo ter

It says "Not detected", not sure if it's referring to the controller, or the console itself.

Also not sure about that. But it has to do with console, somehow. It is mentioned in this documentation which might be(come) helpful for you:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.1?topic=information-determining-primary-alternative-consoles

:wq! PoC