Re: *** ADMIN: Attention Yahoo users, please use another email service

fixed

On 4/16/2014 8:22 AM, David Gibbs wrote:
HOST HOSTNAME('_dmarc.example.com') TYPE(*txt)

Just to be clear, what you want to query is text record of the '_dmarc' subdomain for your mail provider.

As an example, midrange.com's dmarc policy is this:
_dmarc.midrange.com descriptive text "v=DMARC1\; p=none\; sp=reject\; rf=afrf\; pct=100\; ri=86400"

Which tells email receivers that no special action should be taken for mail that isn't signed by my server (although I do sign MOST of my mail). The 'sp=reject' attribute tells it that mail from any subdomain of midrange.com (xyz.midrange.com) should be rejected (because I don't use subdomains to send email).

david