From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 6:12 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: How long should it take to initialize a 600gb NWS load source?

First question, why so large a drive? Multiple smaller ones would be more efficient both for the host and the client. Use multiple NWS servers to manage more drives.

Two: How busy was the host partition?

In the end I/O is I/O, and it will take what it takes. That's determined by many factors so I'm not sure the comparison is valid anyway.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects