I believe it applies to both file and print shares, but I can't prove that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steinmetz, Paul [mailto:PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 2:59 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: V7R3 mapped drive issues from Win2008 R2 Server

Vern / Justin,

V7R3 latest cum and all groups.
Only missing two of the V7R3 Netserver PTFs.
MF64402
SI65556

On the Windows side, I have no idea, out of my domain.

After more testing of mapped drives.
From Win7 Pro SP1 to V7R3 - working 100% of the time, no issues.
From Win10, Win2008 Server, Win2008 ServerR2, Win2012 Server, Win2016 Server, mixed and intermittent results.

Production LPAR is scheduled for V7R1 to V7R3 upgrade this coming weekend.

I really prefer not to set the I back to SMB1.
My question on the below, is this for printer shares and file shares, or just printer shares?

Disable SMB2 on the IBM i server.
In V7R3 Memo to users, under the IBM i NetServer Shared Printer Changes section, the following is documented:

There is a new version of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol. Version 2 (SMB2) has been added and is now the default that is negotiated with IBM i NetServer clients. The following command can be used to permanently disable SMB2 support for IBM i NetServer:

CALL QZLSMAINT PARM('40' '1' '0x80')

NOTE: This will disable SMB2 for both Printer and File shares.

a. Stop NetServer: ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*NETSVR)
b. Disable NetServer SMB2: CALL QZLSMAINT PARM('40' '1' '0x80')
c. Start NetServer: STRTCPSVR SERVER(*NETSVR)
d. NetServer client's (user PC) that were mapped using SMB2 protocol will need to reboot their PC because of Windows security precautions.

If for some reason disabling SMB2 does not help alleviate the problem, then SMB2 can be re-enabled using the same steps as above, but replacing the command in step b with the following command:

CALL QZLSMAINT PARM('40' ' 2 ' '0x80')

Paul