The image of the platform or the image of the customer base?

"...improving its image.": "image" implies "visibility", and the language is
wrong.  It should be "getting an image".

And before somebody from IBM tells me it's my job to "improve the image" by
educating customers, I want to know why tier 1 business partners show up in
my big accounts with a bogus value-add as soon as the IBM branch gets wind
of the deal.  And I want to know why tier 1 accounts can sell into my
accounts but I can't sell into theirs.

Doesn't anybody in IBM know how to spell "anti-trust" these days?

-rf