> So how's "the little guy", the smaller BPs, supposed to get by???  If
> they do all the legwork and sometimes write The Software SOLUTIONS that
> gets a client all Excited about the 400.. and then they don't end up
> with the ROI?!?  The mega-BPs are Always gonna have the advantage of
> bigger staffs and discounts to siphon off the customers, right?
>
> Mebbe I just don't get it (which wouldn't be the first time...;-).

Have you ever set foot in a WalMart? Or a Toys R Us? Have you bought a
Windoze box because it was cheaper than a Mac or a Linux box? Do you use
Imploder instead of Netscape or Mozilla?

All these examples I've cited are at least as bad, in terms of predatory
marketing, as anything IBM has done with the AS/400.

(Oh, and by the way, I have never set foot in a Wal-Mart or a Toys R Us
[and would not do so even to save my own life]; neither do I have Imploder
installed on any machine I own, or use it as anything but a last-choice
browser on machines I don't, and the only Windoze "boxes" I've ever owned
are a couple of 486 notebooks, that ceased to be Windoze boxes within 24
hours of my taking possession of them, and that ceased to even be MS-DOS
boxes as soon as I bought a copy of IBM PC-DOS 2000.)

--
JHHL