You have some valid points, Joe.

There are a lot of limitations to the RMTOUTQ approach.  For example, SAVE
(*YES), PAGERANGE(a b) (to name two functions) are not possible.  Still, I
was thinking there was a way to do this SEPPAGE with remote output queues,
but now I don't see it; can't remember it.

It's been a long time since I was involved in selection of an approach for
such issues, so perhaps I just don't remember the reasons for choosing the
RMTOUTQ alternative.

Certainly it seems simpler to just create an output queue and not have to
worry about varying devices and all that yuckity yuck.  But the tradeoffs
may make the simpler approach not acceptable.

David, can you remind me why the option of creating an IP DEVICE instead of
an IP OUTQ will not work for you?

Thanks,
Dennis

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com>@midrange.com on 12/03/2002