David -

I have been successful in printing a job separator page on a RMTOUTQ.
Whether it is the "AS/400 job separator" or the "LPD/LPR" separator, I don't
know.  The separator that I'm printing has four lines as shown below:

User: STEVE
Host: XXXX.SOUTHTRUST.COM  (where XXXX is my AS/400 name)
Class: 111.222.333.444 (my AS/400 IP address)
Job: jobname

The more I look at it, this looks like an "LPD/LPR" separator.

BTW (for the rest of you reading this), RMTOUTQ was originally the only way
to print via TCP/IP - TCP/IP support for DEVDs didn't come until a release
or two later.

HTH,

Steve

"Leland, David" <dleland=Gcl7wyA2pd/QT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote in
message D46B06616739D411BE9200508B66024E0125FA25@MAILSERVER">news:D46B06616739D411BE9200508B66024E0125FA25@MAILSERVER...
> --
> Okay, what you describe is exactly what I'm trying to do - I have an HP
> printer with a card similar to a JetDirect.  I created an output queue and
> assigned an IP address to it and setup a few other parameters and then did
> STRRMTWTR on the outq.  When I move spool files to the outq, it prints.
> Except, I can't get the job separators to print.  So, you're telling me to
> "move back to the source system" but I only have the one system.  Also, I
> can't specify the SEPPGM parameter that Al was talking about because I
don't
> have a device description, only an outq and there's no place to specify
it.

> Dave

<joepluta=8+0R355eNL3AKuVPhbf8BAC/G2K4zDHf@public.gmane.org>@midrange.com on
12/03/2002