  • Subject: Re: Branches down. Any ideas?
  • From: "Jeffrey Silberberg" <jsilberberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 16:32:58 -0500

Seen this before, had to power cycle the Routers while the AS/400 line was
varied off.

This was because the routers were doing Spoofing (DLS) of the SNA/SDLC
connection and not all
the XID packets are being sent end to end, but rather most of the packets
never leave the building and once the pair get out of sequence they would
never recover even though they looked okay to the network ops guys..

Since, you describe a multiple configuration I would recommend powering all
of the routers down to clear the
hang condition in the network.

Good Luck,
JMS..