To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2014 1:49 PM
Subject: RE: IBM Content Manager for iSeries problem

Below is the VI400 log that logs all connections to Content Manager. We diffidently have a communication issue. This user connected to Content manager at 09:08:53 and she was able to view documents. Then, at 11:01:27, she had the error that we have been seeing where the only way to get them to view documents again, is to re-boot their machine.

CM/400 5.1 Initialization (ekdws.dll created Jun 17 2004 09:04:43)
Environment Variables:
VI400_CONFIG_PATH (NULL)
VI400_LOG_PATH (NULL)
VI400_LOG_PERFORMANCE (NULL)
VI400_LOG_TRACE (NULL)
VI400_LOG_DATA (NULL)
VI400_LOG_STORAGE (NULL)
VI400_LOG_BUFFER (NULL)
VI400_LOG_LOCKS (NULL)
VI400_LOG_LOGON (NULL)
VI400_LOG_ALL (NULL)
VI400_DUMP_LIMIT (NULL)
CommInit ekdwscma.cpp 492 2014/08/07 09:08:53.977 T=3048
Connecting to HOST=172.20.1.51 PORT=31015
SimWmGetListWorkBasketInfo ekdwswm.cpp 1869 2014/08/07 09:08:54.290 T=3048
Malloc ItemNameExtStruct, 3
CommRecv ekdwscma.cpp 992 2014/08/07 11:01:27.472 T=3048
recv3 failed rc=10054
CommRecv ekdwscma.cpp 1079 2014/08/07 11:01:27.472 T=3048
WARNING: Extended length=0 Expected=65 Received=2
SimLibGetItemInfo_Snapshot ekdwsitm.cpp 709 2014/08/07 11:01:27.503 T=3048
ERROR: VI400 error code 6259 SIM_RC_COMMUNICATIONS_ERROR
SimLibGetItemInfo ekdwsitm.cpp 491 2014/08/07 11:01:27.503 T=3048
ERROR: VI400 error code 6259 SIM_RC_COMMUNICATIONS_ERROR

Dave DeBoe | Information Technology | Arapahoe County Government | ITIL Foundations V3 Certified
13101 East Broncos Parkway, Centennial, CO 80112 | p. 720.874.3982 | DDeBoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx