Be aware that you cannot "consolidate" SAVSYS tapes. they must start at seq #1.

Jeff Crosby said the following on Tue, 6/17/2014 4:02 PM:
After all these years I learned something new about the DUPTAP command.

There's a TOSEQNBR parm where you can say TOSEQNBR(*END) and it will add to
the end of the destination tape. I have a number of archive tapes I
decided to consolidate and that will make my life easier.

Since I learned something new, I can go home now. :)