RE: Power8 PCI slots

fixed

Depends on what you mean by "wait and see".
Do you want to wait a year or so to do a hardware upgrade?
Or do you want to see if you can really get by some of the perceived need
for all those I/O cards?
In a perverse way, IBM may be doing you a favor.
Less I/O cards = less I/O expansion units = less power consumption = less
cooling costs = less maintenance costs.