RE: Power8 PCI slots

fixed

There actually was never a new drawer for Power7, 7+.
Is this correct?
5886, 5877 were all Power6 drawers.

I don't mean to seem negative, but some fairly new gear is becoming boat anchors, quickly, and it's still under warranty.
We purchased our 8205-E6C in Jan 2012, still under 3 year warranty.
We retired all Power5 gear in Jan 2012, didn't have to, but it wasn't worth trying to make it work.
Most of the P7 features we have were announced Oct 2011.
The 5913 was why we waited.
I just read that our 8205-E6C was already withdrawn from marketing, eff 01/03/14.
I've never seen the retirement of gear so quickly.

Do I need to upgrade, not at this time.
No performance issues and still have room for growth.
All previous upgrades were done for both reasons, needed performance, and growth, and system was maxed.

I like most of the all the new Power8 features, but not happy with upgrade options and discontinuations.

What's beyond Power8 on the roadmap, nothing indicated?
One must really think before about forward direction.

Paul