DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Mon, 28 Apr 2014
21:04:50 GMT:

Not sure I would say Better but it comparable. Yes it can
drive the EXP24S in addition to the CEC DAD.

I will say better. It is more like the new feature EJ0L adapter
than the feature 5913/ESA3 adapter.

- CEC is 7.2GB of compressed write cache
- EJOL is 12GB of compressed write cache
- 5913 is 1.8GB of uncompressed write cache

- CEC can support in excess of 30 SSDs but truly take advantage
of 18 SSDs "with ease".
- EJ0L can support up to 48 SSDs but take advantage of 24 "with
ease"
- 5913 can support up to 12 SSDs but take advantage of 12 "with
ease"

When I say "with ease", it means for the OLTP DB2 based
workloads used by the development lab to study the I/O
characteristics of the adapters and SSDs.

This thread ...