From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sue Baker
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 9:00 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Power8 PCI slots

DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Mon, 28 Apr 2014
21:04:50 GMT:

Not sure I would say Better but it comparable. Yes it can drive the
EXP24S in addition to the CEC DAD.

I will say better. It is more like the new feature EJ0L adapter than the feature 5913/ESA3 adapter.

- CEC is 7.2GB of compressed write cache
- EJOL is 12GB of compressed write cache
- 5913 is 1.8GB of uncompressed write cache

- CEC can support in excess of 30 SSDs but truly take advantage of 18 SSDs "with ease".
- EJ0L can support up to 48 SSDs but take advantage of 24 "with ease"
- 5913 can support up to 12 SSDs but take advantage of 12 "with ease"

When I say "with ease", it means for the OLTP DB2 based workloads used by the development lab to study the I/O characteristics of the adapters and SSDs.

IBM Americas Advanced Technical Sales Support (ATS) Power Systems Rochester, MN
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at