On your 5913 support, my doc from 2011 has
HDD - 72
SSD - 24 to 36
Mix on same pair - Yes
Did this change from original announcement.
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sue Baker
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: Power8 PCI slots
DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Mon, 28 Apr 2014
Not sure I would say Better but it comparable. Yes it can drive the
EXP24S in addition to the CEC DAD.
I will say better. It is more like the new feature EJ0L adapter than the feature 5913/ESA3 adapter.
- CEC is 7.2GB of compressed write cache
- EJOL is 12GB of compressed write cache
- 5913 is 1.8GB of uncompressed write cache
- CEC can support in excess of 30 SSDs but truly take advantage of 18 SSDs "with ease".
- EJ0L can support up to 48 SSDs but take advantage of 24 "with ease"
- 5913 can support up to 12 SSDs but take advantage of 12 "with ease"
When I say "with ease", it means for the OLTP DB2 based workloads used by the development lab to study the I/O characteristics of the adapters and SSDs.
IBM Americas Advanced Technical Sales Support (ATS) Power Systems Rochester, MN
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l