Re: Power8 PCI slots

fixed

There are no GX slots on POWER8, only PCIe. As a consequence there is no way to connect any 5802 or 5877 drawers to POWER8. This enables PCIe x16 slots to be directly controlled by the processor improving performance there.

It has been suggested that there will be drawers at some point that support PCIe cards but they are not announced and will not be GX attached. HSL last attached to POWER6 and 12X Last attach to POWER7.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com