From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 12:22 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Web-to-i Communications questions

On 1/20/14 9:15 AM, Koester, Michael wrote:
Thanks Dan. I like the SOAP web service idea. I've done projects
where I've consumed web services, but have not yet coded any that
provide. Seems like a fit, though. I'll check into that.

Eeewww. I've had to consume SOAP; it tasted terrible, and gave me a
sour stomach.

REST is much less strenuous than SOAP. At least in my experience, the
nastiest RESTful web services (e.g., Google Calendar) are still easier
to deal with than the friendliest SOAP ones.

--
JHHL