On 2/14/2013 6:50 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've found you have to be careful with doing the TRCASPBAL and the
STRASPBAL. Let's say management says "I don't care what the system says
is hot. I want this particular process to run faster. You come up with
the solution and I'll write the check." So you say we can move the files
in that process to SSD's by using CHGPF... UNIT(*SSD). Then you run

Note to others reading this string: the STRASPBAL TYPE(*MP) is a 7.1 and later command.

If you go and run the TRCASPBAL and the STRASPBAL TYPE(*USAGE) that file
may now be moved to slower disks. And you can go ahead and do a DSPFD and
see that it prefers *SSD but that command won't tell you if it's really
there. Apparently that's reserved for wizards of STRSST and

There is a view in QSYS2 that will show you the information about whether a file is tagged for SSD and how much of it is actually on SSD. (I can't recall which one at the moment, but I think it's one of *partition* ones.) So you don't have to use Display/Alter/Dump or the DIRDUMP PTF.