From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bakutis, Becky
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:39 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: SSD Best practices

We are going to start using SSD drives on a few systems in the near future. I did research the TRCASPBAL & STRASPBAL commands and was prepared to use them for data placement. My boss heard from a vendor that just loading SSD drives without worrying about 'hot data' will provide performance benefits also. Is this a true statement? Or will there be more bang for the buck to place the 'hot data' on these drives? I believe the plan for these systems was to replace all HDD drives with SSD drives. Thanks for pointing to your presentations.