Re: SSD Best practices

fixed

On 2/11/2013 11:43 PM, Gad Miron wrote:
Beside handpicking hot items to (manually) move to these SSD disks are
there any
proven automatic or semi automatic system procedures to do it
like TRCASPBAL / STRASPBAL(*HSM) etc.

You can programmatically run TRCASPBAL followed by STRASPBAL, if you want. I include a sample program in my presentations on SSD. URL www.ibm.com/support/techdocs and then search on my name to find the most recent version of the presentation.

Most people I talk with that wish to use balancing will trace during specific time periods each day and then run the STRASPBAL on Saturday or Sunday to move the data.

I know vendor plugs are frowned upon, but I would be remiss if I didn't offer the information that there is an IBM Power Systems Lab Services offering to discuss with you your performance challenges, analyze your data, and finally make recommendations on what data to flag as resident on SSD.