Re: SSD Best practices

fixed

Hi Sue -

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:44:04 -0600, Sue Baker <smbaker@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Third, is to use CHGLF to place most, if not all, of your logical files
onto SSD. Most applications use LFs to access the data, and this can
speed processing significantly while not requiring lots of space.

I'm really wondering how much benefit this would be. By implication,
the physical files would still be on the regular hard drives, and so
the system would still have to go to the regular hard drives to
retrieve the record data.

Ken