Hi James -

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:15:01 -0800, "James H. H. Lampert"
<jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmm. I seem to recall at least one personal experience with Bad Things
Happening when certain ILE-only constructs were back-doored into

I run into that occasionally in testing, but it doesn't happen in

And what happens if you need a program that would behave badly in
*DFTACTGRP to terminate-but-stay-activated (either so it can pick up
where it left off, or so multiple calls in a batch job don't create
separate spool files)? Named activation groups can be most helpful in
such situations.

In our main billing system (which is where my responsibility lies), I
don't allow any such badly behaved programs. They can either play
nicely with others or they can go stand in the corner!