Prior to 7.1, the DB2-XML functions were part of "SQL Extender" licensed program. IBM i OS 7.1 incorporates these features into base DB2 product.

I have never used these features so I cannot comment on how these functions differ by release.

-Eric DeLong

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:37 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: SQL "XMLELEMENT()" function

I'm not directly involved with this (and don't even fully understand the
question), but I've been asked to ask about it anyway.

One of our contract people is reporting that the SQL "XMLELEMENT()"
built-in function, and possibly other XML-related functions, is giving
him some problems.

Anybody know why it would either (1) work fine on one box, but not
another, or (2) work fine, then abruptly stop working? He suggested that
it might be an authority issue, though I can't imagine how.