I'm not directly involved with this (and don't even fully understand the question), but I've been asked to ask about it anyway.

One of our contract people is reporting that the SQL "XMLELEMENT()" built-in function, and possibly other XML-related functions, is giving him some problems.

Anybody know why it would either (1) work fine on one box, but not another, or (2) work fine, then abruptly stop working? He suggested that it might be an authority issue, though I can't imagine how.

--
JHHL