From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:33 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: SQL: how to retrieve records and make sure they arrive in RRN sequence

Normally records seem to arrive in RRN sequence - if no other ORDER BY is stated.

However, when I use UNION to concat two SELECT results together, they are arriving in a random sequence.

How can I assure that the result set is in RRN seq?

However, I don't think I can include RRN in the SELECT because that field is NOT in the result table.

Thanks

create table qtemp/memotext as
(select * from mdcmdct
union
select * from mdcmtx1

) with data;

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.