Are these ptf's for the D recovery related to using BRMS only??

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Graap, Kenneth <Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I usually load and mark all my PTF's so they apply during an unattended

I load PTF's a week or so before I run my month end backup. This lets me
download some PTF's and load others from DVD's...

Then on "Backup Night" I initiate an IPL (PWRDWNSYS *IMMED RESTART(*YES)...

When the system comes up, all the PTF are applied (I don't run the regular
startup process - SYSVAL QSTRUPPGM = *NONE)...

Then I take the system into a restricted state, run SAVSYS, start the
controlling subsystem and QBATCH, and submit month end Save_While_Active
backup processes.

When the SWA checkpoints are established, I bring the system the rest of
the way up...

Most of this is all automated via BRMS and the Advanced Job Scheduler.

Reply or Forwarded mail from: Kenneth E Graap