RE: Be sure to permanently apply all Licensed Internal Code PTFs beforeSAVSYS...

fixed

So, on a weekend like mine, you'd have (at a minimum) two tapes. One would be the full >system save before the PTF's and one just a SAVSYS after the PTF's?

Now, multiply that by 10 lpars and that's 10 extra tapes tied up. We do this four times a >year and retain them for a full year so that's 40 tapes tied up in extra SAVSYS. Plus the >extra IPL (or two). Granted, it doesn't take an IPL to come out of restricted state - a >STRSBS of your controlling system would do it.

No no no ...

On 10/1/12 I have a SAVSYS created AFTER the PTF's have been applied.

On 9/1/12 I have a SAVSYS created BEFORE the PTF's have been applied on 10/1/12.

Reply or Forwarded mail from: Kenneth E Graap