I knew a 403 Forbidden error meant one does not have permission to download the resource. The Chrome developer tools also told me exactly which resource was not downloaded. I did not need the HTTP server log file on the IBM i to learn that much. However, I could have learned this information by going straight to the HTTP server log file, so in that sense the log file is helpful.

What the log file couldn’t tell me is *why* I was getting the permissions errors. That is not the fault of the HTTP server. There was no way for the HTTP server to know why this was happening. So, in the sense that I was trying to figure out why this error was happening, the log file was understandably not helpful. That is all I meant.

Nor did I find online what kinds of problems might be causing the permissions error. Did I need to change the authorities and permissions of the QTMHHTTP user profile? Did I miss something when I created the HTTP server instance? Did I need to add or change a configuration in the HTTP server config file? Subdirectories should inherit permissions from parent directories, so why were files serving up okay from /htdocs but not from /htdocs/css?

The fact that I did not have problems when I created new directories with ACS put me onto FileZilla as being the problem. The tests I ran (previous email) seem to confirm that FileZilla cannot handle permissions correctly when creating new directories.

Thanks,

Kelly Cookson
Senior Software Engineer II
Dot Foods, Inc.