From: Tools/400 <thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] "Run RPG Unit Test" prompt?
Date: Mon, May 14, 2018 4:17 PM

Sorry for the mess I caused when moving iRPGUnit to SourceForge.

Edmund, please open a ticket at SourceForge and report the problem you
had with the jobd to me. Are you sure that you had a jobd called
"RPGUNIT" in the library of the test suite service program, when you set
"Job description" to "*DFT" in the RPGUnit preferences? When jobd is set
to "*DFT" the actual name is set like this:

private I5ObjectName getDefaultJobDescription(
QSYSObjectPathName aUnitTestServiceprogram) {
return new I5ObjectName(
"RPGUNIT",
aUnitTestServiceprogram.getLibraryName());
}

Last but not least it might be worth to know that I created a iRPGUnit
solution at the Eclipse Marketplace:

[1]https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/irpgunit

Thomas.

Am 14.05.2018 um 19:45 schrieb Ken Killian:
> Nope, I was using the old install path. It worked last week for a new
IBM i Developer:

> RPG Unit - [2]http://www.tools400.de/rpgunit/update/rdp8.0/
>
> I guess I didn't realized it had changed. I thought that was just
testing for something new.

> Just install the new version, 2.2.2R on my RDI! Yipee!
>
> I will send an update to our IBM i Developers here.
>
> Thanks! I missed that.
>

> -Ken Killian-

Reinhardt
> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 1:37 PM
> To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] "Run RPG Unit Test" prompt?
>
> Hi Ken,
> Thomas told me that he has moved the update site to
> [1][3]https://irpgunit.sourceforge.io/eclipse/rdi8.0/
> Is that the one you were trying to access?
>
> I had some challenges with the RPGUNIT in LIBL requirement.
> I solved it by creating a RPGUNIT JOBD in the lib of the tested
program.
> The other way that worked was to set the RPGUNIT preferences to use
> *CURRENT as the LIBL
> (This would work with your approach of setting the RSE connection
to have
> RPGUNIT in the LIBL)
> What did not work for me was point to non-default JOBD. I guess I
should
> open a bug.
>
> Edmund

Client
> for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] "Run RPG Unit Test" prompt?
> Date: Mon, May 14, 2018 10:00 AM
>
> Edmund/Thomas,
>
> I was trying to get a new IBM i Developer to get RPG-UNIT
installed this
> morning, and the web-site seems to be *STILL* down...
> <frown>
>
> Before the web-site went down, I was able to get it installed for
> another IBM i Developer. I had a heck of time get RPG-UNIT to
work on
> their new RDI install...
>
> Once again a library-list issue. Since RPG-UNIT seems to create a
new
> instance when it runs the RPG-Unit.
>
> My profile has the library "RPGUNIT" on my library list, so no
problem
> for me.
>
> A quick work around to fix the library-list issue in RDI/RPG-UNIT
it
> this:
> 1.) In Remote system, right click your connection and select
properties
> 2.) Select "Subsystem"
> 3.) Add library "RPGUNIT", Library Position: *LAST
> 5.) Disconnect and reconnect. Problem Solved!
>
> After doing that on the new Developer's RDI/RPGUNIT worked
flawless.
> Just a good tip to share...
>
> -Ken Killian-

since I am
> trying to promote it now.
>
> However today, I am seeing that the update site is not up. Is
this
> temporary?
> [1][2][4]http://www.tools400.de/rpgunit/update/rdp8.0/

impossible to

[2][3][5]https://sourceforge.net/projects/rpgunit/?source=directory

[3][4][6]https://sourceforge.net/p/rpgunit/feature-requests/3/

[4][5][7]https://sourceforge.net/p/rpgunit/discussion/608727/thread/6c55c5fd/

[5][6][8]https://sourceforge.net/p/rpgunit/discussion/608727/thread/09367a0d/
> Mihaels's opinion regarding the project activity from
2017-12-14.

> Then Mihael Schmidt forked the RPG code because there was no
> response
> from the original developer and he assumed the project is
dead.
> Mihael
> basically added the user space interface to integrate
RPGUnit into

[6][7][9]https://sourceforge.net/projects/ileunit/?source=directory

> I do not remember the details, but Mihael passed his plug-in
code
> (used
> in RPGNextGen) to me for whatever reasons (that I do not
remember).
> refactored some aspects in the RPG code and greatly enhanced
the
> plug-in. Basically I fixed some quick & dirty RPG things and
> improved
> the user space interface to get more information back into
RDi.
> Next I
> spend a lot of work in making the RPG code more robust when
it
> comes to
> unexpected runtime errors. Last but not least I translated
the
> plug-in
> to German and added the help pages. I called the utility
iRPGUnit:

[7][8][10]https://sourceforge.net/projects/irpgunit/?source=directory

> Now the idea is to join ILEUnit and iRPGUnit again. I hope
that we
> get
> it done until the end of the year. I have a whole bunch of
other
> ideas
> what to do in Summer and Autumn.
>
> You can already compare DATE, TIME and TIMESTAMP values
using the
> pure
> assert() procedure:
>
> assert(actualDate = expectedDate: errorMsg);
>
> But of course it is not a big deal to add special procedures
for
> that.
> People may add a feature request if they are interested in
that.

> Comparing UCS data, however, is a good idea, although you
can also
> use
> assert() for it. People may also add a features request for
that.

> Thomas.
>
> .
> --
> This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development
Studio

[17]https://sourceforge.net/p/rpgunit/discussion/608727/thread/6c55c5fd/
[18]https://sourceforge.net/p/rpgunit/discussion/608727/thread/09367a0d/
[23]https://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.