I didn't miss it - just didn't mention it, since that's already been mentioned
on the list.  Since my employer is still happily running Win 2K on many of our
machines, I don't expect to be forced off XP to Vista anytime soon.  We stay
much more current on OS/400 releases.

I'm in a shop with 200+ developers, and there's at most 15 of us trying to use
WDSCi.  It took me 3 years to talk them into replacing my obsolescent (2001
vintage) laptop with one capable of running it well, and even then they
quibbled over the couple hundred dollars extra for a 'high-end' machine rather
than our 'standard' purchase.  Most of the people here are unconvinced that
WDSCi is enough better than green screen to be worth the learning curve even
with us already owning it!  How do we convince management that it's worth
buying upgrades for everyone, to the tune of close on a million bucks, just for
the screen and print file designer, when we can't get them to pay for training
on it or upgrade hardware so we can use it?

Note that we still have one developer here who brags about using the
programmer's menu because he never bothered to learn PDM!  He had the nerve to
ask me once how I could call CODE better than SEU when I mentioned that users
had to have unique STRCODE user spaces and the easiest way was to have unique
*CURLIBs.  This is the mindset that the more forward-thinking of us are
contending with here.  IBM isn't making it easier for us to change that with
things like dropping CODE and making its replacement exorbitantly expensive.

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries