I just updated a older version 6 at a client site to the latest version using the Rational Updater. I first had to download an updated Rational Updater. Then I selected all the updates (there were several) and pressed enter. I got a pop up window letting me know that the updates were rather large (1,250 MB !) and I had an option to download a zip file, then expand the zip file locally and run it through the Rational Updater. It was not apparent how to download the zip file, so I pressed enter waiting for something to let me select the download version. The updater just started downloading Zip files, upacking them and possibly doing some updating. After 3 or 4 zip files were downloaded and processed, I just left for the day (it was quiting time anyway) and the update process was finished successfully when I came in the next morning.

The point of all this is that I knew the WDSC update files were large (I think I have seen 30 or 50 MB before), but this is the first time I have seen any download for 1,250 MB!

PS: Don't try this on your dial up line. :)