From: Paul Pendleton [mailto:pnpendleto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 12:26 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Re: Opening a member without filters

Well different working environments do call for the ide being capable of
this.  As a matter of fact there are several out there that do.

In the environment that I have worked in there always comes a time where you
need to pull up a source quickly to look at a problem.  You do not want to
have to go through the "filtering process".  In my case I want to hit a hot
key which splashes a screen up with the last keyed entry.  This means just
keying the member name in and slapping ENTER.  This gives me all the
functionality of the editor without having to save a filter or anything like
that.

It is simply for those quick fixes.  You said you wanted to hear if the

I am running on a 700mhz machine with 512mb of RAM.  I have plenty of disk
space.  It takes about a minute(haven't timed it exact) to load the source
files in my test library.  If I want to open a file quickly I can not use
this new WDSC.  It takes to long to do that.  So I have to resort to the
green screen(boring).

Or, I go to CODE/400 where I have written a little java lpexlet for a open
file dialogue which has some default values for the Server, library, and
file.  It retains the last keyed member name value.  You just key in the
member name if it is different and slap ENTER.  Takes about 10 seconds at
the most(according to how fast you type).

My IDE should handle the quick little projects or fixes and the big time
consuming projects.  I appreciate and look forward to you improving WDSC to
do this.

Thanks!

--
PAUL PENDLETON