If you improve the 5250 interface by adding scroll bars rather than
converting it to a modern interface then you are just doing the user and
the platform a disservice.

You are just providing more scaffolding and excuses not to move to a modern
interface and making the platform look old and outdated into the bargain.

Would you write a program for any kind of actual widespread business use
that ran in DOS on a Windows PC ?