Hello Booth,

Am 09.03.2020 um 03:48 schrieb Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

As to the DOS comment... That's a false equivalency. Today's hardware isn't DOS hardware, and neither should the software be.

I agree with you. Doing a comparison with Linux or another UNIX would have been more valid. And yet there actually *is* development happening for "console based" applications. Because the lot of Linux programmers aren't solely focused on business but on creating solutions for problems maybe only they have, in a way they like. And usually they're like "here's the source, take or give, I'm fine with both.".

I simply can't imagine the average programmer on Linux to argue about TUIs in the intensity they're stomped on in this list. I'm perfectly aware that it hurts to be told, "IBM i what? Ah, wow, AS/400, wasn't that there 30 years ago? Must be old, dusty stuff, eh?" time after time. But repeating the same arguments over and over again *here* doesn't change anything. And increasingly I give a sh*t on people saying "Wow, look that old DOS window". *I* know better. They don't. But I can explain. Over and over again, and the increasing ubiquity of Linux helps a lot to explain the difference between user (klicking in a web browser) and admin (typing in a console window).

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc