  • Subject: RE: Is this the Free-Format that we asked for?
  • From: "Richard Jackson" <richardjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:01:29 -0500

I don't want GOTO.  I want to be able to bring old programs into the new
language without major pain.  Old programs have GOTO and it is a major pain
to remove it.  If a tool is used to remove them, the applications MUST be
regression-tested.  Replacement of GOTOs with loop-control variables and
BREAK statements is a non-trivial problem.

If I cannot afford to bring the programs into the old language then IBM will
have to expend resources on both languages.

Richard Jackson
Richard Jackson and Associates Ltd.
IBM Business Partner
mailto:richardjackson@richardjackson.net