On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 12:02 PM James H. H. Lampert via MIDRANGE-L <
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well. Thanks to a List member's reply to this issue elsewhere, I now
have the box trusting all CAs, and also accepting the certs obtained
from Google (accepting them *as* CA certs, and only if imported in
*reverse* numeric order).

Yes, top level first, then in order in the hierarchy after that.

But still no joy on getting the Google Relay to accept email.

Last week, at one point, I added the SMTP server and SMTP client
application definitions to the assignments for the local-CA-generated
cert I created for secured TN5250. Could that be interfering? I could
not find a way to remove those assignments, short of (maybe) getting rid
of the certificate itself.

Why did you do this? It could be interfering.

Maybe check for expired certs and CAs and delete those as well. Server
certs, client certs, CAs, local certs and CAs, etc.