I've made a very little bit of progress on troubleshooting this:
Yesterday afternoon, I got word that the box was contacting Google
"every 30-40 seconds." This sounded like a retry, but it took me a while
to figure out the next steps.
This morning, doing a Google search for whether the SMTP server had
logs, I discovered the WRKSMTPEMM command (something new in V7; I'd
never heard of it before). I found some test messages from the actual
application still in the system, but not the test messages I'd sent from
After looking at the logs on the three, I got rid of them, and tried
sending another test message from MMail. That showed up immediately, and
I looked at its log. I found:
11:47:52 0029 Recipient JHHL@xxxxxxxxx transfered to server directly
11:47:52 0039 Marking JHHL@xxxxxxxxx as WRK
11:47:53 0039 Connected to Server SMTP-RELAY.GMAIL.COM(126.96.36.199
11:47:53 0039 ):587
11:47:53 003A Marking JHHL@xxxxxxxxx as NDL
Now THAT is interesting.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
Please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for any subscription related
Help support midrange.com by shopping at amazon.com with our affiliate
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.