The internal search function is temporarily non-functional. The current search engine is no longer viable and we are researching alternatives.
As a stop gap measure, we are using Google's custom search engine service.
If you know of an easy to use, open source, search engine ... please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I've made a very little bit of progress on troubleshooting this:
Yesterday afternoon, I got word that the box was contacting Google
"every 30-40 seconds." This sounded like a retry, but it took me a while
to figure out the next steps.
This morning, doing a Google search for whether the SMTP server had
logs, I discovered the WRKSMTPEMM command (something new in V7; I'd
never heard of it before). I found some test messages from the actual
application still in the system, but not the test messages I'd sent from
After looking at the logs on the three, I got rid of them, and tried
sending another test message from MMail. That showed up immediately, and
I looked at its log. I found:
11:47:52 0029 Recipient JHHL@xxxxxxxxx transfered to server directly
11:47:52 0039 Marking JHHL@xxxxxxxxx as WRK
11:47:53 0039 Connected to Server SMTP-RELAY.GMAIL.COM(184.108.40.206
11:47:53 0039 ):587
11:47:53 003A Marking JHHL@xxxxxxxxx as NDL
Now THAT is interesting.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2023 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.