Hi Jerry,

Your situation sounds quite similar to ours.

We have a large bespoke application that is RPG and green screen.

We started by providing a Self Service web portal that was predominantly
all enquiry functions and we did this in PHP, that was started quite some
time back and has continually been added to.

Credit Card payments was added to this to meet an industry requirement.

All of this was still heavily dependent on RPG back end processing using
service programs and some web services.

Then we started providing enquiries for some of the modules in our
application, again using the PHP skills we were acquiring. We have found
that having unlimited real estate in a web browser has enabled the
enquiries to have a lot more functionality using charts and hover
functions, etcetera. We are integrating the web options to our Admin/400
menu system so only one set of authorities need to be maintained.

We also had one module partly written in VRPG which we are now re-writing
in PHP.

We are a small shop and all this takes time to both learn and actually do
as we still need to service client requests that never stop :-)

Let me know if you would like more info ...

Cheers

Don