This is a great discussion but I will go back to my original intent of the
question. I was hoping to be able to do it all in house with what we
currently have. When I read about VTL (not knowing any better) I assumed I
could do it with what I currently have. I know better now.
We have two 870's one production the other DR located at another location.
We are currently using BRMS to tape. We are currently using iTera
to replicate to the DR box.
I was thinking, can I use the existing connection to do some sort of
production box backup to the DR box. Define a 'virtual device' on the
production box that points to the DR box?
Kerwin