Hi Laurence

No idea re the screen shot, attachments get stripped from the list - so
perhaps you need to share a link.

In terms of the difference:
RSTLIB->Transmit to new site->SAVLIB
Would involve you doing a restore (possibly of multiple libraries) to the
local system, then either transmitting those libraries to the remote system
one by one (SAVRSTLIB approach).

If you don't use SAVRSTLIB (which requires a small amount of additional
setup if you know what you are doing) then you would need to save the
libraries again into either a save file (one per library) or onto virtual
tape (allows multiple libs), and then transmit the save files or virtual
tape over the wire to the remote system where you would then restore the
libraries and be ready to save them again onto virtual tape.

The advantage of SAVRSTLIB in this instance is that it does a kind of
inplace save and transmit to the remote system where the library is
restored, so SAV on local system and restore on remote system in one step.

If you use storage replication, or logical/remote journaling replication
you would just restore to the local system then check that the storage or
replication process has synched on the remote site and then perform the
save to VTL there. The replication to the remote site would then happen as
the restore is performed.

if you had a couple of IASPs set up for the restores and replicated to a
remote system you might be able to kind of have two processes happening at
once. Restore to IASP#1; let it sync; save IASP#1 at remote end; while
ASP#1 is saving on remote system restore to IASP#2.... repeat as required.

In terms of effort, I don't think it would be difficult to justify the cost
of either buying an additional VTL at the local site and just doing a
DUPTAP between the units or even installing the unit locally initially and
then relocating it when the DUPTAP is completed for the whole library. I'd
expect the DUPTAP to be pretty slow but maybe it would be quicker and safer
than multiple saves, restores and transmits. I'd also expect it to be much
easier to audit as you would be matching volumes on a one to one basis.