I tried your example and received an error; Query cannot be run. See
lower level messages.

MSG:CDF503E was received ...
Message . . . . : User-defined function error on member SYSDUMMY1.
Cause . . . . . : An error occurred while invoking user-defined function

HTTPGETCLOB in library SYSTOOLS. The error occurred while invoking the

associated external program or service program B2RESTUDF: in library
SYSTOOLS.D, program entry point or external name
com.ibm.db2.rest.DB2UDFWrapper.httpGetClob, specific name HTTPG00005.
The
error occurred on member SYSDUMMY1 file SYSDUMMY1 in library SYSIBM. The

error code is 1. The error codes and their meanings follow:
1 -- The external program or service program returned SQLSTATE 57017.
The
text message returned from the program is: ???????? .
2 -- The external program failed before it completed.
3 -- The database timed out waiting for the program to return. The
timeout
value used by the database was 0 minutes and 30 seconds.
4 -- The external program no longer exists or is not found.
5 -- One of the input parameters of the function had a data mapping
error.
6 through 26 -- See the previous message in the joblog.
For an external program, the program entry point displayed will be *N.

Recovery . . . : For error codes 1 and 2, determine the cause of the
error
from either the SQLSTATE or a previously listed message.

I tried using CCSID or 1208 and 37 but still received same error.

Select
cast(systools.httpgetclob
('http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url=http://twitter.com/hashtag/i
bmi',
'') as varchar(35) CCSID 37 ) as tinyurl
From sysibm.sysdummy1

Any suggestions ?

Don Brown