Not sure about your requirements, but it would be rather easy to create your own service as well if it's internal. Could generate GUID values or something similar for a site and store the real URL in the DB.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 1
date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 08:17:43 -0400
from: Bryan Dietz <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: URL shorting

I wanted to pass along something I ran across.
I know in the past there have been discussions about using STRPCCMD to show long URLs on a screen. I also recall that Scott K. had a sample http instance to capture(make) short urls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IBMi/comments/6wkp1s/url_shortener_using_sql_httpgetclob/

(short) http://tinyurl.com/ya629qz8

<snip>
Had a request to add URL shortening to an application with only one prerequisite, it needs to shorten the URL without any type of authentication. I never needed to do this so in case others ever have to do something similar.

Chose the tinyurl api http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url= that has one parameter url which is the original URL that needs to be shortened.
Example below shortening twitter
IBMi hashtag URL http://twitter.com/hashtag/ibmi

Select