I'm not certain about that 'drop support' suggestion. I find many of the little guys do a better job than the big companies of keeping those contracts in place. I'd call it pretty even in my experience.

And remember this is just Larry's suggestion of one way to price it. Perhaps pricing the various types (830/850/etc) is another viable way to get those new little guys on board for a lower price. There may be

How would you price additional LPARs? Unlikely the vendors will accept "Free" because there IS cost there with something like EDI. There is installation, frequent updates, and each LPAR needs to properly communicate and there may be additional support calls. For TLI though it's the same as for a brand new customer 100% plus the full AMC. When that new LPAR supports just a small plant in a different timezone unfortunately TLI simply gets 100% of ZERO because the customers aren't buying it.

With ERP though you can charge by module and by user and such. By user is not an option for EDI as that's a back-end piece and users never see it. If they were selling the database I could see pricing by max number of rows in say the customer file but compliance would be a nightmare! Software vendors don't like convoluted compliance either. And honestly that's a problem with my 'transaction volume' suggestion for EDI, it would have to be reported to be charged.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com