Question, if they are making a profit by selling something to the customer
with one trading partner and only 1 daily transaction, why should they
charge more for the customer with 100 trading partners doing 1000
transactions daily? I fail to understand this kind of tiered pricing
concept. Everyone things the bigger guy always has bigger pockets to
pick. Not considering they also have bigger expenses, rules and
regulations that many of the smaller guys don't. Why should the bigger
guy subsidize the smaller guys purchase? It's not like an auto lease
where you turn in the product at the end and it's more worn out because
you put some serious mileage on it and you have to pay a surcharge. There
it would make sense because the resale value would be lower. When you're
done with software they don't want it shipped back (at least not since I
can remember).

Been awhile since I've been in the EDI world but wouldn't it make more
sense to base it on the cost of development? For example by transaction
type or bundles of transaction types? 810's, 830's, 850's that sort of
thing?