Vern,

Thanks for the additional thoughts.

1.  Yep, was aware that SAVOBJ gets more than PF and LF.

2. Didn't know SAVOBJ was limited to 300 objects!  Using DSPOBJD will
help with this.    Don't know if the APIs are a good idea since this is
only done once per quarter but just in case, where are the APIs and can
they be called from REXX and/or CLP?

3. Thanks much for the manual hyperlink.  I passed it on to my systems
programmer.   I'm going to look through it myself to make sure nothings
missed.

4.  I guess I'll have to make me a REXX EXEC that uses DSPFD in a loop
to look through all the LF objects in all the libraries of these
applications to find anomalies with where they point to their PFs.

The answer to "is all the restoring being done on the same system" -
Yes, and No.   I have three LPARS in my 825.  In the Production LPAR I
have a production instance and a "Pre-Production" test instance for the
users to test code just before it goes production.  I also have an LPAR
called Integration and one called Development.

Integration has one instance of the vendor code and so does Development
but the code in Development is a web based version and all the libraries
are different from the "green screen" versions in the other instances.
A refresh of Development is an animal of a whole different color; many
steps.  I'll not bring it up here yet.

So...refreshes need to be done from the Production instance in the
Production LPAR to the Pre-Production instance in the same LPAR and to
the one instance in the Integration LPAR.   The Pre-production LPAR is
where things get hairy... that's where the file names match Production
but the libraries are different names.    As you can imagine, refreshing
Integration is fairly easy.   I just copy every file I want to preserve
from Integration, create a SAVF from Production and move to Integration
and restore and then restore the original files with the data I didn't
want to see overlaid from the refresh.

5.  Hummm, you started my mind a-thinking when you said that LF created
without PFs can cause the  problem of misdirection.   This I'll have to
check further with my systems programmer.   I can see a by-name object
comparison coming up and more.

6.  Your words at this number in your previous note also work in
conjunction with #5 above.   The point being I've got to get a solid
foundation created if it is not there (again, one for one comparison).

7.  Thanks for the confirmation.   Yes, Views are similar but
different.

8. Your idea of remote SQL is what I was eluding to in a previous note
about doing INSERTS with SELECTS if DB2/400 can handle this type of
statement in DDM.   I'm a big fan of DDM since my days with DRDA between
DB2s in several VM boxes and MVS.

Yep, your getting exactly the point!    Now to come up with a "best
answer" for repeated use once per quarter or when needs be.

Thanks,

Dave